Custom WordPress Design & Development
Your website is the first impression people have of your business or blog. That’s a lot of pressure. If you have tried the DIY website thing and it’s not getting you the results you want, you might be ready for a custom website that really makes your business shine.
My custom website package is simple with straightforward pricing. Anything else you need can be added on to the package for an additional cost.
Here’s what’s included:
We’ll chat on Skype (or face to face depending on your location) to discuss your vision and how we can bring it to life.
I’ll take care of all the geeky stuff for you — hosting and domain setup, WordPress installation and configuration, etc.
Fonts, colors, layouts, etc; everything to fit your brand. You’ll show me some websites that inspire you & I’ll roll with it.
All Of The Best Plugins
I’ll handle installing the best plugins for social media sharing, security, contact forms, and more.
Don’t worry about losing your valuable stuff.
Mobile Friendly, Responsive Design
In this era, looking good across all devices is critical.
1 Month Unlimited Email Support
If you run into any issues or have questions, I’m here for you. If you need long term support, I also offer a support plan.
WordPress Training Session and Materials
I’ll teach you how to add pages, new blog posts, images, etc so you won’t have to pay someone to do it for you. We’ll record the training session for you to keep.
Other Packages I offer:
- SOFTWARE UPDATES: Updates to WordPress, your WordPress theme, and plugins. This includes fixes for any minor theme/plugin conflicts resulting from updates.
- SECURITY: Monitoring your site to keep it secure from hackers, plus installation and configuration of professional security monitoring plugin.
- BACKUPS: Ensuring that your site is being backed up properly and as scheduled so you don’t lose a thing.
Premium Website Maintenance
- WEBSITE MAINTENANCE: Everything that is included in the standard website maintenance package including software updates, security, and backups.
- EMAIL SUPPORT: Unlimited monthly email support. Unless it’s a weekend or holiday, I try to respond within 24 hours.
- CONTENT TWEAKS: Need a page updated or added? Menu or front page tweak? This plan includes 3 hours of content updates per month.
Content or Design Updates
- Add a new page
- Redesign or update content on an page
- Add a branded 404 page
- Mailchimp setup and opt-in forms
- Add questionaires, surveys, or other custom forms
- Redesign a menu
- Any other adjustments or additions you may need on your site
How this works:
Why do you build sites on wordpress?
I build all of my websites on WordPress, a CMS (content management system) that is used widely accross the internet by many recognizable brands. It is coded to be an SEO powerhouse, and is very secure. WordPress has a team of people that focus on maintaining and improving the functionality and security of its framework, so I can focus my time (and you can focus your money) on the website design and development part.
I build most of my sites using the premium theme Divi. I find that this theme is very easy for my clients to manage as it comes with a visual builder. You’ll be able to update text, images, and other content once I’m done. Don’t worry, your site will still be custom. I build a custom child-theme of Divi for each of my clients. If you have another premium theme framework you’d like your site built on, no problem.
How long will this take?
A typical website takes 4-6 weeks from start to finish. The timeline can depend on how prepared you are, and how quickly you are able to respond at each stage with feedback.
What should I have ready before we start?
You should have as much of your content and images ready as you can. You should have a general idea of what pages you need, and a few websites to show me that you consider your inspiration.
If you don’t have a clue what you want, that’s okay! I can help you determine what’s best for you and your business. Having these things prepared will just speed up the process.
What other costs are associated with having a website?
There are two main costs to keeping a website:
1. Domain Name: Your domain name will cost $10-15 per year. You will need to renew this every year in order to keep the name. You can purchase as many domain names as you want and I can point them all to your website as long as your hosting allows it. (ex: having a “.com” and a “.org” domain)
2. Hosting: Your web host is the server where your website lives and allows the internet to find and display your site. This costs from $80-120 per year depending on the hosting company. Some companies offer email addresses with your domain (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will discuss your needs and which hosting company is best for you.
How will I pay you?
You can pay me via PayPal or credit card.
I will take two payments: 50% when we start, and the remaining 50% before putting the site live or within 30 days, whichever comes first.
What if we don't live in the same place?
No problem! All you need is access to email and Skype, a free application, for us to work together. Skype is what we will use to have our planning and strategy session. I am flexible with time zones, so there’s no worry there.